8 rules to mail them all
Or the art to send a mail to your futur employer.
Mon, 27 Aug 2018
The 8 rules to mail them all
As an employer, I don’t like to waste my time. So please, if you send me a mail, with an attached resume, do it nicely and follows thoses 8 rules :
- DO NOT send me a generic mail !! DO inform yourself about what I do, what I want and who I am.
- DO NOT send me a mail without a clear object/title !! DO a clear object on the purpose of your mail : CANDIDATE:RE:Front-end developer (ReactJS)
- DO NOT send me a mail with more than 250 words. DO it short (50-250 words). DO it concise. Use the present. And please, you are not Sheakspear. Stop trying.
- DO NOT send me a mail without a clear and identified question. DO ask me something - but just one or two or three things. Not more ! Because, hey ! Why are you talking to me ? Why you need me ? But please, do it fast.
- DO NOT send me a mail with faults. DO double, triple checks of your mail please. Basics dude, basics.
- DO NOT send me a mail about me. DO speak about yourself. I know myself and I want to know you. Tell me who you are. How you can be usefull to me and for my business.
- DO NOT send me a mail without talking about your softskills. DO describe your softskills please. If you don’t, just send me your resume !
- DO NOT be afraid to send me a mail ! You know, JUST DO IT ! ;)